Thursday, October 6, 2011

Heaven is for Real Review

It's that time again, time for another
Heaven is For Real:
A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent

I shall waste no time on a plot summary, because I'm pretty sure you can gather what this one is about. At just over 150 pages, the nonfiction account of the author's three year old son's experiences in heaven is a quick read. I think it took me all of one afternoon to finish?


This one will be tough to review because I don't know where you stand on the aspect of the Christian Faith. I don't want to get into any arguments about whether or not Heaven exists, if it is physically possible to be dead and come back to life, or whether you are hallucinating and not actually experiencing Heaven.

Allz I knowz is that this is a sweet little book that is very interesting, informative and really makes you ponder the world and your place in it. Todd Burpo did an excellent job conveying his own doubt that this actually happened to little Colton, but by the end of the book he and pretty much everyone who reads it are sold.

So whether you consider its content fact or fiction, It's worth three hours of your life.

If you want a more in depth review that gets into all that deep stuff, read this. 
I like these brief reviews, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment