Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blue Like Jazz Quotes


Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality

    
 “The problem is not a certain type of legislation or even a certain politician; the problem is the same that it has always been. I am the problem. I think every conscious person, every person who is awake to the functioning principles within his reality, has a moment where he stops blaming the problems in the world on group think, on humanity and authority, and starts to face himself. I hate this more than anything. This is the hardest principle within Christian spirituality for me to deal with. The problem is not out there; the problem is the needy beast of a thing that lives in my chest.”
- Blue Like Jazz, page 20

Leo from Here

       “For a moment, sitting there above the city, I imagined life outside narcissism. I wondered how beautiful it might be to think of others as more important than myself. I wondered at how peaceful it might be not to be pestered by that childish voice that wants for pleasure and attention. I wondered what it would be like not to live in a house of mirrors, everywhere I go being reminded of myself.”
- Blue Like Jazz, page 22

Image by Smth-Fresh

Loved this book! More quotes and a review on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment