Saturday, January 22, 2011

We are all in the gutter...

If you know me well, you know it is no secret that I am in unrequited love with Oscar Wilde. Unrequited because:
1. He is dead.
2. He is dyed in the wool gay. (All the best ones, ladies)

Anyhoo, I thought I would post some of my favorite Oscar Wilde Quotes for us all to ponder and enjoy.

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction."

"All that I desire to point out is the general principle that life imitates art far more than art imitates life."

"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."


"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much"

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." 

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."

"Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter."
 
"I am the only person in the world I should like to know thoroughly."


 "I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies."
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

"There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or poorly written, 
that is all." 
 
Image from Shoe String Artists
 "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

1 comment:

  1. "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" this is my lifes Mantra

    ReplyDelete